Helpful Information and Authorization Forms

This is our Price List with Packages.

This is our Cremation Authorization form.


Veterans Benefits

Veterans Military Service Record Request Form

Willamette National Cemetery

Social Security Administration, Qualify and apply for survivors benefits

The Dougy Center for Grieving Children

Here is the Vital Statistics Information Sheet we will be using during the arrangement conference.  This information will be used to acquire state documents (ie. death certificates), newspaper postings, and service information.  Familiarizing yourself with these forms will help during the arrangement process.

The information and links below will help you decide the number of death certificates you might need. The State of Oregon charges $25 for the first certified copy and $20 for each additional copy. The funeral home passes this fee on to the customer without additional costs.

Usually, certified copies of the death certificate are required for insurance, insured loans, stocks or bonds in joint ownership and for real property in joint ownership. NOTE: You will need to remove the deceased’s name from everything.


Be sure to notify banks of a death. Banking accounts, government bonds, certificates of deposit, etc. Transfer all money accounts to your name.

Bank Loans:

Installment Contracts: Call each lending institution and inquire if the loans are insured. They will require a copy of a death certificate if you have an insurance claim.

Death Certificates:

Certified Copy: A Certified copy of the death certificate is available through the health department of the county where the death occurred. These are colored legal documents with County Registrar’s signature and the State seal. These copies are usually required for legal purposes. Certified copies may be obtained through our Funeral Home, or you may request them on your own at a later date through the County, we will gladly provide the address. Home and Real Property


Notify a company agent in the local area, or notify the company itself. Check for coverage at the place of employment, auto medical coverage, health and accident coverage and life insurance. Also be sure to check with all credit card companies regarding possible policies on the account. Call the agent for each or write to the headquarters for the appropriate forms for claims. Make sure you keep a written log of who you spoke with and when so that you can track the claims easier. Fire Insurance: remove the name of the deceased from the policies.

Motor Vehicles:

Change title for each vehicle, including boats. Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at (503) 299-9999.

Safety Deposit Box:

If in joint ownership, remove the deceased’s name. If in name of deceased only, inquire with the bank as to what steps need to be taken.

Social Security:

Aftercare Cremation & Burial Service will notify the Social Security Department, the family MUST call Social Security to make an appointment if they are eligible for benefits. Call (800) 772-1213 between 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The requirements are different for each family so you need to get the information from Social Security in order to apply for benefits. In addition, you can access more information via the website:

Stock and Bonds:

Write to the stock company and ask about their procedure for transferring stocks into your name.

Veterans Administration:

Aftercare Cremation & Burial Service will help you obtain a US Flag for the next of kin. In most cases, the cemetery of choice will file ordering of a Veteran’s marker or cemetery reimbursement.

VA Regional Office
Office of Memorial Affairs
(Benefits information and assistance)
(800) 827-1000

Voter Registration:

To cancel an individual’s voter registration, write a cancellation notice stating that the individual is deceased. Voter registration cancellation should be to:

Sherry Hall
Clackamas County Clerk
Elections Division
1710 Red Soils Court, Suite 100
Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 655-8510 / TTY (503) 655-1685

Tim Scott
Director of Elections
1040 SE Morrison St.
Portland, OR 97214-2495
(503) 988-3720

Mickie Kawai
Elections Division
3700 SW Murray Blvd. Ste. 101
Beaverton, OR 97005
(503) 846-5800 / TTY (503) 846-4598

Consult an Attorney as Necessary

As this is not a comprehensive guide to required action to be taken in the event of a death. This list is simply a public service list to help you get started on you own. It should not, for any reason, be misconstrued to be any form of legal advice or guide. We are not responsible for any information contained herein, as it was all gathered by contacting agencies and individuals who are not affiliated with our establishments. Be aware that policies, procedures, addresses, phone numbers, prices, etc. may change without our knowledge despite our attempts to keep this list reasonably up-to-date for your convenience.